Services for Parents/Carers Hampshire

Services for Parents/Carers Hampshire

Autism can often be diagnosed in children around the age of two.

Professional health workers are often the first ones to spot the signs of autism during their normal childhood health checks. In many cases this can lead to the child being formally diagnosed.

If you think your child may be on the autism spectrum, ask your GP to refer them to a consultant or diagnostic team with a good understanding of the condition.

Services and information for children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities

Your Local Offer - Information and services available in Hampshire for children and young people (birth to 25) who have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND).

The Local Offer includes information about education, health, social care, preparation for adulthood, leisure services and impartial information advice and support.

Hampshire’s Local Offer (co produced with parents, carers and young people) aims to help you find your way through the maze of information to reach the best solutions for you / your child. Read More

What is the SEN service?

The SEN Service co-ordinates support for children and young people with SEN across the whole of Hampshire.

Who works in the SEN Service?

The Service is divided into area teams led by Education Officers for SEN. Each team consists of assessment and placement officers, caseworkers and assistants. Read More

© Autism Hampshire, all rights reserved. Charity Reg No: 288141. Reg. No. 01710300
Website design and development by Studio Republic