Autism Diagnosis

Information on how to get an autism assessment


If you are concerned that you or your child/relative is on the autistic spectrum, or someone has suggested it to you, contact your GP, take along notes of things which are causing you concern about yourself or your child. Ask any staff or professionals involved with yourself or your child (i.e. teacher, health visitor, support worker) to put in writing any concerns they have, so that you can take them with you too. Ask the GP if you or your child can be referred for assessment.

If you or your child is referred to another professional, find out what to expect so that you can prepare yourself. Try to take someone with you the appointments so that you feel supported.

If you have any questions about any of the above, ask the professionals to explain the process to you.

Back to directory results

© Autism Hampshire, Part of Avenues Group, all rights reserved.
Charity Reg No: 288141. Reg. No. 01710300.